Discover breathtaking natural diversity on your full-day narrated adventure encompassing the Big Island.
The Island of Hawaii is filled with many stunning sites and historical landmarks. Journey to the best “Must See – Must Do Adventures” of the Big Island in one full day. Our friendly expert guide will provide a fully narrated unforgettable experience as you discover the immense power Hawaii Island has to offer. Visit volcanic landscapes to black volcanic-sand beaches, rolling green pastures, tropical rain forests, breathtaking waterfall’s, dramatic seaside cliffs and Hawaii Volcanoes National Historical Park.
Ultimate Circle Island Tour Highlights Include:
- ***Search for the perfect nut at the Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company. Sample free macadamia nuts, sweets and coffees.***
- View the the amazing Waipio Vally from its overlook. Known as “The Valley of the Kings,” it was the boyhood home of Kamehameha I.
- Journey to Akaka Falls and learn the legend of King Akaka at the 442-foot waterfall.
- Visit Rainbow Falls. On sunny days with the right angle of the sun, rainbows can be seen in the mist thrown up by the waterfall.
- No-host lunch at Sky Garden Restaurant at Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo.
- Adventure to the summit of Kilauea inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP). Expect to see the Steam Vents, Nahuku Rainforest, Lava Tube, Jaggar Museum and Halemaumau Crater.
- Stroll across the picturesque Punalu’u black sand beach and search for sea turtles.
- Your journey travels south on the slopes of Hualalai and Mauna Loa volcanoes. You’ll view several historical lava flows.
- End your day with a coffee farm stop for Kona Coffee Tasting and Tour.
- ***During the closure of HVNP effective May 11, 2018 until further notice, substituted location stops will be included to replace HVNP.***
This is a full-day tour with pick up beginning around 6:45 am to 8:30 am. Round trip transportation provided from major hotels in Kohala, Waikoloa and Kona. Tour time is approximately 10 to 11 hours round trip depending on your pickup/return location.
No-host lunch at Sky Garden Restaurant at Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo., assorted juices, snacks and bottled water during the tour. Lunch location subject to change without prior notice due to route change or unforeseen circumstances.
Walking Sticks, Light Rain Jackets, Flashlights, Umbrellas and Rain Ponchos.
Important Tour Information
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative booking date or full refund.
- All tours run rain or shine. The viewing of molten lava and volcanic activity may not be seen and cannot be guaranteed on any tour.
- What to Bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera, and a sweater or jacket.
- What to wear: Essential Hawaii Tours recommends wearing comfortable footwear (closed-toe), a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Most guests wear a light jacket or bring long pants to change into after sunset.
- You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected.
- Location stops subject to change without prior notice due to route change or unforeseen circumstances.
- Age Restriction 5+
- Will we see molten lava on the Big Island Volcano tour? Everyday is a different Big Island volcano day in the park as conditions change daily. We’ll attune your experience to get the most out of the current eruption of Kilauea. Currently, we have had some days where spattering lava has been viewed by our guests. We will do our best to get you to the closest viewing area providing it is safe and legal.
- How much hiking is involved? There will be a few short hikes with the longest hike being no longer than 20-minutes long during this adventure. You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected with the longest trek no more than 20-minutes.
- What happens if it rains? It’s very possible that we will encounter rain during our tour, especially in our rainforest areas. If it rains, we provide light rain jackets, throw away ponchos and umbrellas for your use.
- What if I have dietary restrictions? Most special dietary needs and restrictions can be accommodated with 24-hour advance notice.
Suggested Retail Pricing
Adult: $159.00 +tax
Child: $149.00 +tax
Ultimate Circle Island Adventure