Venture into Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and discover the deep lava-fueled ecosystem with deluxe dining at the Volcano House.
Learn first-hand the power Kilauea Volcano inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. This small group guided adventure takes you to a black sand beach, coffee farm, rain forest, lava flows, a walk through lava tube and to unique stops in the park unfamiliar to most visitors. End your day witnessing the glow of the night volcano and deluxe dining at The Volcano House “The Rim” restaurant.
Explore the Night Volcano Tour Highlights Include:
- Begin your journey as you’ll travel south on the slopes of Hualalai and Mauna Loa volcanoes. You’ll view several historical lava flows and will enjoy a fabulous lunch at Punalu’u Bake Shop & Visitor Center.
- Stroll across the picturesque Punalu’u black sand beach and search for sea turtles.
- Make your way to Ka’u Coffee Mill and sample some of the best coffee brews and macadamia nuts produced on the Big Island. Enjoy a fascinating tour of the facility that reveals each stage of coffee production
- Adventure to the summit of Kilauea inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Your tour guide is certified ranger trained who will lead you to “must see” Big Island volcano sites in the park fully narrating the flora, fauna, geology, and cultural awareness with myth and legend stories that tie in the history of the past eruptions. While in the park, expect to see the summit caldera, steam vents, rainforest, lava tube and cinder fields.
- Enjoy a deluxe 3-course dinner at “The Rim” restaurant inside the Volcano House. Savor creative island cuisine with at least 95% of the restaurant’s meat, seafood, fruit and vegetables are sourced from local ranchers, farmers and suppliers. (Choice of New York Steak, Grilled Fish of the Day, Island Stuffed Chicken or Big Island Herb and Macadamia Nut Pesto Pasta). Includes Volcano Market Salad, Tropical Dream Ice Cream Dessert and Beverage. View or download our Dinner Menu.
- Child Menu – Ages 5-12 (Choice of Hebrew National All-Beef Hot Dog with side of fries or Pasta with choice of marinara or butter & cream sauce or Mac Nut Fish of the Day with Purple Sweet Potato Mashers and Vegetables). Includes Tropical Dream Ice Cream Dessert and Beverage.
- After dinner, your tour takes you to the Jaggar Museum to enjoy the best viewpoint for the night time glow at the Halemaumau Crater or flow if available.
- After witnessing the best viewing of glow or flow, your guide will drive you safely back to your place of stay over Saddle Road… and if weather permits, we will stop and stargaze on your way back.
Explore the Night Volcano Video Highlights:
This is a morning to evening tour with pick up beginning around 9 am to 10:30 am (Winter) and 10 am to 11:30 am (Summer). Round trip transportation provided from major hotels in Kohala, Waikoloa and Kona. Tour time is approximately 12-hours round trip.
Lunch at Punalu’u Bake Shop & Visitor Center, assorted juices, snacks and bottled water during the tour. Dinner provided at the Volcano House “The Rim” Restaurant. Dining locations subject to change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Walking Sticks, Light Rain Jackets, Flashlights, Umbrellas and Rain Ponchos.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative booking date or full refund.
- All tours run rain or shine. The viewing of molten lava and volcanic activity may not be seen and cannot be guaranteed on any tour.
- What to Bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera, and a sweater or jacket for after sunset.
- What to wear: Weather at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park can range from 50 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Saddle Road temperatures can get even reach 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Essential Hawaii Tours recommends wearing comfortable footwear (closed-toe), a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Most guests wear a light jacket or bring long pants to change into after sunset.
- You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected.
- Will we see molten lava on the Big Island Volcano tour? Everyday is a different Big Island volcano day in the park as conditions change daily. We’ll attune your experience to get the most out of the current eruption of Kilauea. Currently, we have had some days where spattering lava has been viewed by our guests. We will do our best to get you to the closest viewing area providing it is safe and legal.
- How much hiking is involved? There will be a few short hikes with the longest hike being no longer than 20-minutes long during this adventure. You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected with the longest trek no more than 20-minutes.
- What happens if it rains? It’s very possible that we will encounter rain during our tour, especially in our rainforest areas. If it rains, we provide light rain jackets, throw away ponchos and umbrellas for your use.
- What if I have dietary restrictions? Most special dietary needs and restrictions can be accommodated with 24-hour advance notice.
Suggested Retail Pricing
Adult: $229.00 +tax
Child: $199.00 +tax
Explore The Night Volcano Route