Venture to the best scenic and historical sites down the Hamakua-Hilo coast with deluxe dinner near the current eruption site.
This safe incredible adventure explores the picturesque Hamakua-Hilo Coast Corridor and is the most amazing way to see the Big Island of Hawaii en-route to Kilauea Volcano. You’ll discover the breathtaking natural diversity of the Big Island on your afternoon to evening narrated adventure. Learn the history and legends of Hawaiian culture as you gaze into the best expansive views featuring rugged sea cliffs, deep ravines, lush rainforests, thundering waterfalls. End your day with a dining experience at Kaleo’s Bar and Grill just a few miles from the current eruption that’s made the news.
Explore the Night Volcano Tour Highlights Include:
- Waipio Valley Overlook – This amazing valley is one of the most incredible places on Hawaii’s Big Island. Located near the northern tip of the island, Waipio Valley was once home to Hawaiian royalty who oversaw the cultivation of taro in the valley’s fertile earth. Your guide will share the historical and legendary stories of Waipio, known as the “Valley of the Kings.”
- Akaka Falls – Here you’ll find the most incredible 442-foot waterfall on our island and learn about the legend of King Akaka by your tour guide. This waterfall is a must see attraction and another garden paradise of tropical plants.
- Rainbow Falls – Your final waterfall is north of downtown Hilo in Wailuku River State Park. On sunny days with the right angle of the sun, rainbows can be seen in the mist thrown up by the waterfall.
- Kaimu Black Sand Beach – Explore the ever-changing Puna District of Hawaii Island near Kalapana on Kilauea Volcano.
- Kaleo’s Bar & Grill – Enjoy a cozy and delicious dining experience just a few miles from the active vents on Kilauea Volcano in the heart of downtown Pahoa.
- Observe the starry night sky of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa Volcanoes as you travel across “Saddle Road” on your drive back to your hotel.
This is an afternoon to evening tour with pick up beginning around 12:15 pm. Round trip transportation provided from major hotels in Kohala, Waikoloa and Kona. Tour time is approximately 11 to 12-hours round trip depending on your pickup/drop off location.
Dinner provided at Kaleo’s Bar and Grill in Pahoa. Bottle water. Dining locations subject to change without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Walking Sticks, Light Rain Jackets, Flashlights, Umbrellas and Rain Ponchos.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative booking date or full refund.
- All tours run rain or shine. The viewing of molten lava and its glow or volcanic activity may not be seen and cannot be guaranteed on any tour.
- What to Bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera, and a sweater or jacket for after sunset.
- What to wear: Weather can range from 50 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Saddle Road temperatures can get even reach 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Essential Hawaii Tours recommends wearing comfortable footwear (closed-toe), a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Most guests wear a light jacket or bring long pants to change into after sunset.
- You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected.
- Will we see molten lava on the Big Island Volcano tour? Everyday is a different Big Island volcano day in the park as conditions change daily. We’ll attune your experience to get the most out of the current eruption of Kilauea. We will do our best to get you to the closest viewing area providing it is safe and legal.
- How much hiking is involved? There will be a few short walks with the longest hike being no longer than 20-minutes long during this adventure. You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected with the longest trek no more than 20-minutes.
- What happens if it rains? It’s very possible that we will encounter rain during our tour, especially in our rainforest areas. If it rains, we provide light rain jackets, throw away ponchos and umbrellas for your use.
- What if I have dietary restrictions? Most special dietary needs and restrictions can be accommodated with 24-hour advance notice.
Suggested Retail Pricing
Adult: $229.00 +tax
Child: $199.00 +tax
Explore The Night Volcano Route