The PM Volcano Adventure Tour takes you directly to the essential stops inside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP).
Discover Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on this afternoon to evening volcano adventure. Join our professional guide who takes you to the most astonishing places inside the park. Learn about Hawaiian myths, legends, history and culture on your interpretive journey to Kilauea Volcano. Complimentary hotel accommodation pickup/return in Kona, Waikoloa, Kohala and Hilo. End your day witnessing the red glow or the possibly of seeing red lava spatter at the Halemaumau Crater Overlook.
PM Volcano Adventure Highlights Include:
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Visitor Center
- Kilauea Iki Overlook
- Nahuku Rainforest
- Thurston Lava Tube
- Hot Steam Vents
- Jaggar Museum
- Kilauea Caldera Overlook
PM Volcano Adventure Video Highlights:
This is an afternoon-to-evening tour with pick up beginning around 12 noon. Round trip transportation provided from major hotels in Kona, Waikoloa, Kohala and Hilo Hotels. Tour time is approximately 7 to 9 hours round trip.
Snacks, juices and bottled water during the tour. *** No-Host dinner at a local restaurant or cafe in or near the park.
Walking Sticks, Light Rain Jackets, Flashlights, Umbrellas and Rain Ponchos.
- Capacity: 12 guests maximum. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative booking date or full refund.
- All tours run rain or shine. The viewing of molten lava and volcanic activity may not be seen and cannot be guaranteed on any tour.
- What to Bring: Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, camera, and a sweater or jacket for after sunset.
- What to wear: Weather at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park can range from 50 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Saddle Road temperatures can get even reach 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Essential Hawaii Tours recommends wearing comfortable footwear (closed-toe), a hat and sunglasses, and shorts or long pants. Most guests wear a light jacket or bring long pants to change into after sunset.
- You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected.
- Will we see molten lava on the Afternoon-Twilight Volcano Express tour? Everyday is a different Big Island volcano day in the park as conditions change daily. We’ll attune your experience to get the most out of the current eruption of Kilauea. Currently, we have had some days where spattering lava has been viewed by our guests. We will do our best to get you to the closest viewing area providing it is safe and legal.
- How much hiking is involved? There will be a few short hikes with the longest hike being no longer than 20-minutes long during this adventure. You should be able to walk on uneven paths or on rocky terrain. Light to moderate hiking should be expected with the longest trek no more than 20-minutes.
- What happens if it rains? It’s very possible that we will encounter rain during our tour, especially in our rainforest areas. If it rains, we provide light rain jackets, throw away ponchos and umbrellas for your use.
- Cancellations: Full price charged unless we receive prior notice as follows: One to five guests: 24-hours notice. Six or more guests: 48-hours. Private or custom tours: 72-hours.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative booking date or full refund.
Suggested Retail Pricing
Adult: $149.00 +tax
Child: $119.00 +tax
Hilo: $119.00 +tax
PM Volcano Adventure Route